Thursday, November 29, 2012

New Testament Videos


Just last summer I had an amazing experience.  I was chosen to be an extra for two scenes in the New Testament Videos for the very last day of shooting.  Earlier that summer I had seen a flyer calling for extras on a bulletin board at a church in Orem.  For whatever reason, I felt like I should visit the site and make a profile for the New Testament Projects.  I went to their website, filled out my information, took pictures of my face, and sent them in.  I waited the entire summer before I heard from the casting crew.  A week or two before the beginning of this semester, I received an email asking if I would like to be an extra for two scenes in two days.  Frantically, I got off work and organized a ride to the Jerusalem site in Goshen, Utah.  I couldn't believe it was happening and still I hesitate to believe that I actually went.  It was an extraordinary experience.  The best part about it was seeing the Jerusalem film site.  Walking through it was so surreal and wonderful.  I pretended I was a temple patron at the time of Christ.  I saw the man who played Christ and experienced the filming industry.  Most of the time we waited on the steps of the temple.  I fell asleep lying across several steps in front of the doors to the court of the women.  It was surprisingly comfortable.  And being dressed as a Hebrew woman with a scarf around my face, I felt as if I belonged there.  Looking across the the courtyard to the other sleeping or chatting extras, I took a trip across time and found myself in Jerusalem.  Almost everyone around me was dressed as a Roman guard, a Hebrew, a Pharisee, or a disciple.  I could almost believe that I was there.

Because of this experience, the Bible Videos mean a great deal to me.  I wish more people would share and watch them.  In the future I hope they will have more views and that they will be used for church education and for spreading the gospel.

Please share the videos and spread the word.

Here are some of my favorite videos:



PS: The two scenes I was in have not been released yet.    

No comments:

Post a Comment