Monday, November 19, 2012

Spotify

One of the greatest discoveries I made recently was Spotify. While Facebook stalking someone, I saw a Spotify box on his page.  I'd heard and seen the word Spotify in several other places before, so I clicked on the link to explore this unknown program.  It turned out to be a free music program that you can download onto your computer.  I downloaded it instantly once I figured out what it was and it has been a useful tool ever since. 

I am a huge music lover, if you have not discovered from my other post, and Spotify was a dream come true for me.  On Spotify you can listen to any song when you want (as long as they have it and they probably do) for as many times as you want.  You can create playlists, listen to other playlists, star your favorite songs for future use, listen to songs according to your mood, keep up-to-date on all new popular music and releases, and you can listen to your own music from your computer using Spotify instead of several programs at once. 

Spotify also shows you what all your other Facebook friends who have Spotify are listening to (unless they use the private session option.) I've learned more about my friends' music preferences and discovered new music since downloading Spotify. I found my new favorite band, Imagine Dragons, eight months ago while exploring similar artists. 

The only downside to Spofiy is the advertisements.  However, they are not as frequent as those on Pandora and someone of them are for Spotify itself, sharing useful tools and apps for the program.  But I'm grateful for the ads which make this program possible and will wait patiently as they play.

Look, something good can come from Facebook stalking!  : P

2 comments:

  1. Spotify... I am still in the dark on this one. I have heard of it, but I haven't ventured out to try it. You have me a little more intrigued now. Thanks for the thought!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Spotify! It's like itunes, but free. Although there are some songs it has let me down on, as in, it doesn't have them available. Especially music from the 70s. But as long as you have an internet connection, it's much better than looking up a billion songs on youtube...all the songs you like, all in one place, all free. Love it : )

    ReplyDelete